Children & Families
Grow in Faith with Sunday School
All Children are welcome and encouraged to attend Sunday School to grow in their faith and learn with others.
- Sunday School is 9:45-10:45 on Sunday mornings during the school year.
- Classes for all children 2 years old- 5th grade are located on the second level.
- For our 2/3 year old class and preschool class we offer a lesson, crafts and snacks.
- Our elementary classes are based off of the rotation model. We spend 4-5 weeks on one lesson rotating to different stations, such as art, creative drama, science, games and more.
Register for Sunday School here: Sunday School 2019-2020
For more information about children’s Sunday School, contact Lauren Loonsfoot, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-term Studies for Children
- Third graders are presented with Bibles each fall, then participate in an 8-week class focused on learning to use them.
- During the year, there are occasional short-term studies offered for children and families. Typically during Advent and Lent.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a great week-long learning opportunity for children that is offered each summer.
Wednesday nights, 5:30-6:00 p.m., preschoolers through first graders are invited to meet for Kids Quest in room 202. Kids Quest will help children develop a deeper understanding of bible stories through fun crafts, songs, art and games.
Life of the Church
Collegiate/Wesley is a wonderful place – there is always something going on! Here are a few things children can be involved in.
- Kids Korner is a supervised play time for children 3 years old-Kindergarten that takes place after the “Time with the Children” during the both worship service. Children will play, color, have snack and read a bible story together.
- Chorister’s Choir is an opportunity for your young singer who is in grades 2-5 and meets on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:15 in the Fireside Room.
- The Library is open every day. Children are welcome to check out the books in the children section and to look for the new Veggie Tales DVDs.
- We have an annual Elementary Service trip that is a great opportunity for 2nd-5th graders to participate in hand on service. They attend along with a chaperone to a location in Iowa and spend a day serving and a fun day bonding and building community.
Another way children can get involved in the United Methodist Church is by attending a camp. Camp is offered many times during the year for preschoolers to highschoolers. For more information about UMC Camps in Iowa check our their website here: https://www.iaumc.org/camps/#iac